The brass protective cover on the larger half of the protector is a back carbon protector to protect the telephone equipment inside the house.
Покупки по категориям
The center terminal is for connection of a ground wire connected to a proper ground usually cold water pipe, electric co. In the early days the telephone line would be brought through an outside wall into the basement and would be mounted on a rafter or wall.
Antique Radio Forums • View topic - 's Western Electric Socket whatsis?
Start Free Trial or Sign In to see what it's worth. This is a relic of old time telephone days gone by.
- is there a free auto tune app for iphone!
- VINTAGE TELEPHONE LIGHTNING ARRESTER, WESTERN ELECTRIC, 106c?
- Bottom panel for Description.
Most of these were removed over the years and replaced with more modern replacements. I changed out hundreds over my 35 years and kept a few.
Decided not to hang on to them any longer, will be offering additional Bell System items as time permits. Purchases will ship no later than next business day after receiving your payment. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question in regards to this offering.
- Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?.
- classic old phone ringtone free download!
- ringtones iphone 5 ios 7.
- WESTERN ELECTRIC 29-B TELEPHONE LIGHTNING ARRESTOR w/86A Housing circa 1919.
- Old Phone Wiring / What is it? | All About Circuits!
- VINTAGE TELEPHONE LIGHTNING ARRESTER, WESTERN ELECTRIC, 106c.
- nokia phones dual sim price list in sri lanka.
- Fazer compras por categoria.
- facebook chat mobile version free download.
Feb Thu 21, 4: May Mon 12, Picked this up today, two connections marked "I" input? It has internal threads in the center of the ceramic but it's a much larger hole than an Edison base light bulb. Patent date of and another date from , either another patent date or maybe the manufacture date? What is it? Light socket or something else? Edit, found one on eBay saying it's a Surge protector for the Telephone.
Old Phone Wiring / What is it?
May Mon 12, 1: One sold item on eBay. A home decoration. Got to protect them high dollar audio phooll things you know I have a bunch of them. It's a lightning arrestor for the telephone line with 7amp fuses that would blow if city street light wires crossed the phone company's wires.
The carbon blocks should have a screw cap over it. The older caps were copper or brass, the newer ones Bakelite. May Mon 12, 5: That is the phone line circuit protector, the same as the one on the house I grew up in. The house was from about the 's, it was moved in the 's, and we moved in